Why Good Travel Management
Synergy between company cultures as a family-owned business
Flexibility and willingness to create a customised solution
Understanding of and willingness to support Portakabin and its strategic objectives
Portakabin has been providing peace of mind to customers for more than 50 years, delivering market-leading modular buildings for every application – from offices and schools to hospitals and retail outlets.
Following a restructure and with business travel on the increase, Portakabin knew it was time to review its business travel booking arrangements. Using two different travel management companies and with many transactions being booked directly with suppliers, meant the overall process of managing business travel had become too cumbersome and there were too many sources of information to sort and analyse.
Portakabin sought a travel management partner that would help them consolidate its spend, prevent leakage, control costs and increase value for money through a competitive tender process. After evaluating and meeting with several travel management companies, Portakabin chose Good Travel Management as its continued travel management partner.
Good Travel Management worked with Portakabin to take control of its spend so they could monitor its expenditure and take actions to ensure effective spend. Good Travel Management led the development of a travel programme and travel policy, which included:
- Developing a preferred hotel programme, negotiating lowest hotel rates and value-added benefits for Portakabin travellers.
- Introducing new travel suppliers and corporate agreements to Portakabin to offer even further added value and savings to their travel programme.
- Educating Portakabin travel bookers on the advantages of planning ahead, whilst more carefully planning the timing of travel and meetings to take advantage of lower-priced advance purchase air and rail tickets.
- Implementing and managing airline corporate reward programmes across its travel spend.
- Providing access to multiple sources of hotel content to ensure a good range of accommodation options and rates in remote locations.
- Implementing an online booking tool to complement our highly skilled business travel team.
- Introducing of Rail Compensation tool linked to National Rail conditions of travel
- The development of a new consolidated payment solution to save time for accounts staff when recharging costs internally.
Since implementing Good Travel Management’s service across the Portakabin travel programme the business travel booking process has been streamlined. Time spent processing and reconciling travel bookings has been reduced and Portakabin now has full visibility of its spend.
- Controlling Portakabin hotel expenditure when rates are rising nationally which creates better value for money.
- Portakabin hotel rates have fallen under the national average.
- Collaborative work by GTM to improve visibility of the travel programme; Greater compliance and focus on value for money.
- Increase in online bookings, driving greater compliance and improved purchasing behaviour – adding newly approved hotel deals; education and training to improve buying behaviour and reduce costs
- Changes to new projects in regions with greater hotel bed capacity.
Good Travel Management’s account manager meets with Portakabin at least every quarter to discuss performance, trends and improvement opportunities which drives continuous development.