About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our Business Travel team on a permanent basis with the primary responsibility of establishing and cultivating strong relationships with the influencers and decision makers of their assigned clients.
This is an exciting time to join a growing, dynamic family-owned travel management company.
The role will include:
As an Account Manager you will be responsible for establishing and cultivating strong relationships with the influencers and decision makers of your assigned clients.
- Building strong relationships at all levels within the client organisation and become their trusted partner for travel related matters.
- Developing account plans through strong understanding of client’s business strategy, goals, priorities, and key issues.
- Analysing broad economic trends on how it affects the client’s travel spend and identify the future needs of the client.
- Improving profitability where possible through pricing adjustment, technology introduction or any other upselling opportunities.
- Creating reporting packages and ensure delivery to client stakeholders.
- Participating in implementations and new sales bids.
- Leading client retenders within your portfolio.
- Driving customer service excellence working closely with the Operations teams.
- A real people person with the ability to build rapport and strong working relationships.
- A drive and passion to achieve success from a People, Planet and Performance perspective.
- Commercially astute with excellent communication skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask.
- Experience within the business travel industry, although the right outlook and ‘can do’ attitude are more important to us than years of experience.
Our people are fundamental to our success with drive and passion to deliver quality services to our customers. So, if you are currently looking for a new opportunity, want to join a team who are fast paced, work together, have plenty of fun doing so and are customer obsessed, then please don’t hesitate in applying.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 27th November 2023
We may depending on applicant numbers close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Good Travel are specialists in SME Travel Management, Marine & Energy Travel and Events, Exhibitions and Trade Missions and here to make business travel management easier for our customers.
Good Travel is part of sixth-generation, family business, the John Good Group. Winners of the Yorkshire & Humberside Family Awards 2022 for Family Business of the Year and Best Social Impact. Founded on family values, we put our people, planet, and communities at the heart of everything we do.
Office based within the beautiful grounds of Hesslewood Office Park, Hessle, HU13 0LH
Salary: Up to £38,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Work location is flexible, with offices based in London and Hessle, East Yorkshire and home/ hybrid working options are available. Nationwide travel to attend training events, team meetings and meet with your clients is expected, with a supportive and generous travel and expenses policy in place.
Normal working hours are 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday to be worked between the hours of 8.30am-5.30pm, some flexibility in hours will be required on occasions particularly when travelling to client locations.
The ‘Good’ things you can get:
- 25 days annual leave (increases through length of service) plus bank holidays
- Birthday day off work
- Free onsite parking (if located at or visiting the Hessle Office)
- Contributory Pension Scheme – up to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Gym membership and retail discounts
- YuLife Wellbeing app
- EAP and Virtual GP
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Free Will writing service
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Service Scheme recognising service levels with gifts, experiences, and holidays
- Employee Volunteering and matched charitable donations
- Social events
- Personal & professional development budget
- Discounted Travel
- Educational trips